You Can Be Involved
Want to encourage students in studies that will help them be better future employees... more
Welcome to Chattanooga
E Week 2017: February 19 - 25
Engineers Week Website
National Engineers Week is an annual event to raise public awareness about engineering and the contributions that engineers make to society. It is also a time for engineers to emphasize the importance of learning math, science, and technical skills. In particular, it provides a time to:
Celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world
Increase public dialogue about the need for engineers
Bring engineering to life for kids, educators, and parents
Engineers Week was founded in 1951 by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE). It is among the oldest of America's professional engineering outreach efforts.
In concert with more than 70 engineering, education, and cultural societies, and more than 50 corporations and government agencies, the Chattanooga Area of Tennessee officially opens Engineers Week with a Kick-off Luncheon on Monday, February 20, 2017, followed on Wednesday, February 22 with an Awards Banquet. Both are open to the public. While "Engineers Week" suggests only a week-long event, it has in fact become a year-round commitment to making a difference in this area. For example, Manufacturers Day was held in October of last year and the Regional Science Fair will bring the "week" to a close in March of this year.
The are two speaker programs that highlight the Engineers Week events:
Our E-Week Kick-off Luncheon will be on Monday, February 20 at the Chattanoogan Hotel. The Keynote speaker will be Dr. Burkhard Huhnke, Senior Vice President of Product Innovations at Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Our Awards Banquet speaker for Wednesday, February 22 will be Jody Singer, Deputy Director of Marshall Space Flight Center. The Banquet will be held at the Doubletree Hotel .
More information about these two events is provided under the respective tabs "E-Week 2017 Kickoff Luncheon" and "E-Week 2017 Awards Banquet" at the top of this page.
A Summary of Events
Manufacturers Day – October 7, 2016
FIRST Lego League (FLL) Robotics Competition
- FLL BBQ and Build - focused on constructing field setup kits for all participating teams - Friday, September 9, 2016
- TVA-Chattanooga Area Ed Chapin FLL Regional Qualifier - Saturday, December 10, 2016
- TVA-Chattanooga Area FLL Super Regional - Saturday, January 14, 2017
- Georgia FLL State Championship – Saturday January 28, 2017. Local schools representing Chattanooga area were Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts, Lookout Mountain Elementary, Lookout Valley Elementary, Saint Jude Catholic School, Champion Robotics and Alling Christian Academy.
- Local/Chattanooga Competition: Saturday, February 4th, 2017 at Chattanooga State's Wacker Institute
- State competition in Nashville on Saturday, March 18, 2017. McCallie School will represent Chattanooga
Science Olympiad – Saturday, February 18, 2017
E-Week Kick-off Luncheon – Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:30 am to 1:30 pm - Chattanoogan Hotel
E-Week Awards Banquet – Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm - Doubletree Hotel
UTC Engineers Week Distinguished Speaker Series
- 'Beyond eWeek: Becoming an Engineering Entrepreneur'
- Presented by Albert Woodard, KaZee Software Development Company.
- UTC Engineering, Math & Computer Science Building. Room 201, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 3:00 pm
STEM Day for Girls, Thursday, Feb 23, 2017 at Chatt State
Engineering Day on the Hill – Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Regional Science Fair - Wednesday March,15 to Thursday March 16, 2017
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga University Center
- Awards Ceremony will be Thursday, March 16, 2017
More information about these events is provided under the tab "Events" at the top center of this page.